So you are through elections and by now your incoming executive should be (mostly) nailed down.
Contact your area governor and confirm when official training will be occurring. You need to have a minimum of four officers trained in both of the two training sessions (Summer and Winter) for DCP credit.
Make sure that all club officers have a copy of the CLH which you can get at toastmasters.org/clh .
If you can, arrange joint meetings of the outgoing executive and incoming executive. Try to transfer knowledge if you can.
As July arrives you will want to have clear answers to the following:
- Who is setting up the room?
- Who is organizing agendas?
- Who is submitting new member applications to TI?
- Who is submitting educational award completions to TI?
- What record is there of who has paid dues and for how long? Who will be collecting dues?
- Who is maintaining the club website, facebook page, etc.?
- Who is contacting the bank to transfer signing authority?
- Is there going to be a year end event or a swearing in event? What resources need to be organized to support this?
- Are there going to be any breaks during the summer months? Who is communicating this to members?
Thanks Mike for this handy list of questions. Looking forward to another great year of Toastmasters.
I'm going to try to continue this series as the year progresses. If you have anything you'd like covered then I'd be game. :)
Post a Comment