- My original 2012 Toastmasters goal was to complete 30 speech projects which I did somewhere in January
- I had a goal to serve as club president, which I did, and achieve at least 7 DCP points (I got 8)
- I wanted to complete a triple crown - of which I did three by year end
- In terms of educational designations, I completed 11 for the year and was one project short of 12. I ended up first in the club, area, division, district and region. I ended up in a multi-way tie for #10 position in the world.
- I turned over the club to an incoming executive with all positions filled.
- I became a charter member of Community North Advanced Toastmasters, served as VPR as well as chairing an active public relations group. I currently serve on the interclub education committee and, hopefully, the club bylaws committee.
- I tediously updated my blog regularly although screwed up my speech count which pretty much made the whole thing pointless. :p
- I experienced one of the best presentations I have ever heard when I helped to give feedback to a Toastmasters family who were giving a eulogy for a loved one. Truly a memorable experience.
It was one of my best years thus far. I proved to myself that I can deliver week-on-week and learned a bit more about burnout. There were times when I wanted to quit but overall I'm glad that I didn't.
Post a Comment