The conclusions that they drew:
- I was grossly dehydrated. Almost immediately they had me on an IV drip of saline and pumped over a litre into me which, to be honest, felt amazingly good. Stating that differently, as it stands my body is not capable of retaining enough fluids to function on its own without medical intervention. I'm to return to PRGH emerg as required.
- They can prove out my pancreas, my liver, my kidney's, my urinary tract. All are basically functioning normally or at least within normal tolerances. The X-rays confirm that I have no blockages in my body.
- Beyond that they are stumped. They know that they can't effectively test the stomach itself through PGRH emerg and believe that at least part of my problems are originating from the stomach.
- They believe that I have some kind of compound problem although no combination of factors explains all the symptoms that I have.
- The best guess from the attending is that I have a stomach ulcer combined with "beaver fever" although this doesn't explain the vomiting and they can't figure out any way that I would have been exposed to contaminated water.
- I have another three days of hospital visits to get full workups of tests done, I have a doctors appointment on Thursday to get a GI referal, and I'm to complete taking my narcotic + a new medicine that will treat ulcers and stomach bleeding.